Fantastic Lahaina, Kaanapali & Napili Honokowai
Lahaina is a top destination for all of Hawaii, and of course Maui. This historic town was once the capital of the Hawaiian Kingdom, before being moved to Honolulu. During the 19th century, Lahaina was the epicenter of the global whaling industry. Some of those ships are anchored there today, on the waterfront.
This area is so popular, you’ll find some of the most expensive real estate in all of Hawaii, with some properties fetching more than $2 million dollars.
During your stay, be sure to visit the old Whaling town, that has been transformed into one of the most magnificent tourist destinations on Maui. Don’t forget about Front Street, which was ranked one of the “Top Ten Greatest Streets” by the American Planning Association.
Things to Do
All kinds of activities are available in the Napili Honokowai area for both land and sea! Relax on the beach, go snorkeling, stand up paddle boarding, or you can zipline if you’re the adventurous type. An amazing World class snorkeling spot is located near the Molokini Crater, and you can see some amazing humpback whales during the winter months. either on-shore or on a whale watching tour. For the fisherman in the family you can fish for marlin and swordfish.
Kaanapali Golf Courses offer some great golfing in the area with views of the nearby mountains and holes along the beachfront. To summit the Haleakala Volcano is a nice day trip through the forest where you’ll see some stunning views. Of course you can always pamper yourself with a spa treatment at the many available spas in the region.
There is fantastic snorkeling in the area of Napili Honokowai. Here’s a video of a snorkel trip where turtles were present.
In addition to Lahaina, you’ve got luxurious Kaanapali only five minutes down the road, with it’s spectacular beaches and world class golf courses. Kaanapali boasts some of the finest hotels and condos on Maui. Developed in the 1960’s Kaanapali Beach Resort on mile-long Kāʻanapali Beach on the western shore of Maui, which is just a couple miles north of the old whaling town of Lahaina. Since the 60’s, many more hotels and condos have been built both on Kāʻanapali Beach and for several miles up and down the coast, and Lahaina has turned into a tourist shopping area.
A few other notable items in the area:
- Great shopping at Whalers Village.
- Superb dining along the beaches in Kaanapali.
- Only minutes down the road lies the long stretch of beautiful and affordable condos in Honokowai.
- Easy shuttle access or drive to the tourist meccas of Kaanapali and Lahaina.
Further down the beach you’ll find Honokowai, which offers more affordable condo rentals. Most famous in this area is the lovely Honokowai beach park, which is a fine place for sight seeing and checking out what the local parks are like. Here’s a great video of the Honokowai Beach Park
Here’s a few of the popular condo resorts in the area. These are available to be booked online. Or call us at 1-800-207-3565 for more info:
- Kaanapali Plantation – nestled on the hillside of Kaanapali, these spacious two and three bedroom Maui condos offer panoramic views from the islands of Lanai to Molokai. Just across the street are great beaches such as “Airport” and “KP,” this Maui Vacation Rental is also conveniently located near the award-winning restaurants and shops of the Whaler’s Village. In addition, the charms of Old Lahaina Town and the world-class surfing and snorkeling of Honolua Bay are only a few miles away. These quiet condos border the premiere North Kaanapali Golf Course
- Kaanapali Shores – a paradise within a paradise, Kaanapali vacation condo rentals have nearly everything the family could need for the perfect getaway. Located on the famous Kaanapali beach, these Maui condos feature two pools, a sauna, two jet spas, three tennis courts, gift shops, a salon, a convenience store, fitness center (fee) and multiple eating establishments right on the property!
- Kaanapali Alii – uxuriously appointed condominiums are perfect accommodations for the family or even a honeymoon getaway. Shopping, dining, recreational activities and the breathtaking Kaanapali Beach are all at your fingertips! The Kaanapali Alii is considered one of Maui’s finest.
- Kaanapali Royal – property amenities include lighted tennis courts, heated swimming pool, spa hot pool, sauna, and barbeques. Whalers Village and Kaanapali Beach are minutes away by car or a short walk.
- The Whaler Kaanapali – The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach is regarded by many as the area’s most tranquil resort. The resort offers spacious condominium suites. You’ll have immediate access to Kaanapali, one of Maui’s very best beaches, where you can swim, surf, and snorkel. The Whaler is situated across from two championship golf courses, and offers private access to dozens of shops and restaurants at Whalers Village.